The long awaited TRUE 1.7.2 version of Bukkit is finally here! For those of you who are wondering we were running a modified version of 1.6.4 to allow 1.7.2 clients to login to our server but our server still did not support any of the new items or biomes that were added to 1.7.2. I bet you are wondering, why didn't we just fully update? Well because Bukkit never MADE a full version until now. The development versions were released yesterday for Bukkit 1.7.2 and is still in a major developmental stage so several issues may still pop up, but for now all is well!
On another note I am still working on finding out why the servers are using SO DAMN MUCH CPU! Like dear god guys what is going on? Through this investigation i may fix or break things or possibly even pull a rabbit out of my hat and do something magical... Like i did just now... So i somehow managed to get our servers to run on 120MB of ram, huh that's nice... OH! And the website is updated, lots of bugs fixed, faster response times, etc
Me cutting down on the amount of updates a plugin makes, how many connections it does to a database, how many rows it updates per connection update, how many chunks loaded person second or tick, etc is what i got to improve within the following week. Now i did not forget anyone's problems that have been posted on the forums, remember i am ONE MAN running APOC so things go slowly but they are done, think of myself as a giant line waiting to get that awesome new game at gamestop... Once your finally the first in line you feel awesome.
So if ANY OF YOU want to make APOC servers better and make the community as a whole better, please report your problems on the forums. Bugs, Glitches, Exploits, Duplication bugs, Crashes, Items that cause crashes, etc. We cannot look into these things if they are not reported! And i highly encourage people to give suggestions as well, do not be shy please share your thoughts on what features we can add to our servers to make it better!
Now lets talk the future, like a few months into the future... APOC will not be there. No i am DEAD serious here, due to the recent mass cancellations of supporter APOC has lost the ability to fund itself, if we do not gain 22 more supporters by Jan 1st well... That's the end game. I work my ass off on APOC and i try to do everything i can to keep it running, I have kept it going independently for 2 1/2 years going on 3. You try running 10 servers (7 mc servers 1 web server 1 database server 1 teamspeak server) solo with thousands of players joining your community weekly and see how much better you can do. Because honestly I am burned out, I am not getting the support I should be getting and instead of me getting "Great job Zilacon the servers are great! I love your work & the community!" i get "THIS SERVER SUCKS ASS! I CANT GET EVERY ITEM I WANT! ADMINS ARE ABUSING POWER BY DOING THEIR JOBS! THIS GUY GRIEFED ME AND STAFF DIDN'T STOP HIM! THE SERVERS LAGGING FIX IT NOW!" I am not superman ok? I cannot be on every server helping hundreds of people at the same time. And believe it or not MY STAFF HAVE ACTUAL LIVES TOO! They are not here to serve apoc until their dying breathe, they cannot always be there when something happens it is impossible. The servers lagging, ok first of all it's probably on your end since 95% of the time i hear this the server TPS is at 19-20 which means there is ZERO lag on the server itself. The other 5% of the time is when I am working on something or looking into it, things go wrong, it is a constant flow with hosting servers.
So for those of you who want to help APOC live on to it's 3rd year here is my ultimatum to you: Buy the holiday discounted Global Supporter package and get $30 worth of kits for free, ask a staff member to receive them in server. This will apply to ONE server only so choose your server wisely. Global Supporter transfers to all servers, your rank is manually set so if you want your rank on all servers contact a Deus Admin or me to set your rank on all servers.
Along with the discounts for global supporter we are starting monthly raffles now! The tickets are just $5.49/each and give you the chance to win $30-200 in prizes, BountyhunterXTC was the winner of our Black Friday Giveaway and you can ask him if he got his reward as proof, because he did. Anyone who did not win the raffle do not get refunds, it is like buying a lottery ticket, you win or lose.
So please guys... Report issues, support the server, get along and treat people with respect, and have patience with me fixing things on the community.