I want to get everyones opinion on this and suggestions. Since i have experience in Bungeecord now since the creation of the 1.7.10 network i feel that i can easily implement this setup for the 1.6.4 servers. However there is a "catch". To even make this worth the effort i would need to setup 6 1.6.4 servers to hook up to the HUB which would be a vanilla server. Right now we host 4 1.6.4 servers. So i need 2 suggestions on new servers to host to make such a thing possible.
I will host ANY modpack that does not involve an adventure like setup. Like blightfall it is physically impossible to setup a server for this due to the way it is setup. Which is why technic doesnt have a server listing forum for it. You can make a vanilla forge server for playing with friends but thats about it. You cant make it with your own spawn, plugins, worlds, etc.
So suggest some packs, ill look into it. Other then 2 new servers what can a bungee network do for us?
Well no more ports would be a start. No more MC.APOCGAMING.ORG:7851 it would be YCC.APOCGAMING.ORG and all traffic from the ports would be directed to the h1.apocgaming.org hub. h2.apocgaming.org would be made for the 1.7.10 network.
Interconnectivity, players from all servers including staff will be able to communicate with eachother. If no staff are on one server people can ask questions and get answers from staff on another server. This makes it so that simple moderation like arguments, harassment, advertising, etc. Can easily be moderated and stopped on a global scale instead of it being just on that 1 server.
This is also a very good thing since APOC at the moment lacks staff, we are so short on staff the majority of our players feel and are neglected. This is not my intention and I am trying my best to rule out the lazy and selfish staff and promote the good staff to higher ranks so that they may help players more.
Another thing in the planning stages is a player ranking system. This ranking system will finally give you, the players, a PURPOSE to voting. I never wanted to make a system like this because i wanted APOC to be free from restrictions, but the fact that 80% of the players say "its not worth voting, we get nothing for it" this seems to be the only solution.
Voting is what keeps our network alive people, we arent rich and can purchase $300 featured listings on all of the vote sites every month. Voting helps us get higher up on vote sites so we can get free advertising and get players on our network.
So heres what the new system is going to be like: NOTE: This is NOT a Pay2WIN system because all you guys got to do is vote. Take 10 minutes of your day and vote for the sites and you rank up, its that simple.
- Player ranks will go from Rank 0 to Rank 12, we will probably think of some kind of naming system but for now this is what its going to be.
- Rank 0's will not be able to join PVP worlds or access Factions or Towny plugins. They are also restricted on claim block purchasing and commands over all. Rank 0's will also be restricted to getting end game items such as Big Reactors. You can rank up to rank 1 by simply registering on the site and buying a Rank 1 upgrade from the Rank Shop (Coming Soon)
- Rank 1, this is achieved by simply signing up to the site and grabbing the free upgrade on the rank shop. This rank will unlock many commands including being able to purchase claim blocks.
- Rank 2, this can be unlocked by voting 25 times. If a server has 10 vote sites that is 3 days of voting. Thats 3 days you can play on the server in Sanctuary, learn the server, and find people to play with before venturing off into the PVP section of the server. This rank has access to join a Faction or Town and access the Factions and Towny worlds.
- Rank 3, this can be unlocked by voting 40 times. This rank unlocks being able to create your own faction or town. It also is the beginning of free stuff. This rank will start the rank bonuses including a rank kit with ingots, claim blocks, economy money, faction power bonus, experience, and more. At this rank the amount is small but the amount increases for every rank you gain past this.
- Rank 4, you now have 2 homes. This is unlocked by voting 55 times. This rank has the plugin stat bonus and the rank kit which will give you a pack of ingots. The ingots on ranks 3-5 are mainly vanilla ingots and once you get into 6-12 you will get ingots based on the modpack you are playing on. Like one could give you Certus Quartz or Uranium. It all depends on how we set it up.
- Rank 5, you now bypass the max claimblock limit of 5000 to 6000. Unlock this by voting 70 times. The ingot kit and plugin bonus is also included.
- Rank 6, you now have 25 faction power instead of 10. Unlock this by voting 100 times.
- Rank 7, you are now exempt from taxes from towny. Unlock this by voting 150 times.
- Rank 8, you now have 3 homes and access to various essentials commands previously only unlocked by donor ranks. Unlock this by voting 200 times.
- Rank 9, you now get a 33% Increased MCMMO Skill Chance. Unlock this by voting 225 times.
- Rank 10, you now get a free player shop in spawn. You no longer have to pay rent, taxes, etc. If you have already purchased a plot in spawn this does nothing. Unlock this by voting 250 times.
- Rank 11, you now get access to chat formatting. This includes being able to color your text on the server. Unlock this by voting 300 times.
- Rank 12, you now get access to the virtual commands. Virtual End Chest, Backpack, Furnace, Workbench, Anvil, Enchant Table, Brewstand, and Uncrafter. Unlock this by voting 400 times.
As your rank increases more end game items will be unlocked, by rank 6 you have full access to end game items on the pack.
This was the only way i could see making a system that restricts certain parts of the server without making it Pay2WIN. However if you want to bypass all of this it is of course available on donor ranks. Monthly donor ranks have double the unlocks while perm ranks such as Archduke stop at Rank 6.
Another thing thats being setup is personal worlds. Yes i mean it. No this is not mystcraft. Duke's and Archduke's will get a free 50x50/100x100 personal world. As for the rest of you guys well we will have options to purchase up to a 2500x2500 personal world. These worlds will ONLY be for you unless you request a staff member to allow someone into your world. Which we will then have to set their permissions to access it.
So what do you guys think of all of this? Let me know in the comments below.